Friday 2 November 2018

Ayodhya Ram Temple Dispute

In spite of irrevocable archeological evidences of a temple underneath the Babri Masjid Mosque, the case has dragged on testing the patience of even the most tollerant Hindu. Inspite of the brilliant and dedicated efforts of someone of the stature of Dr.Subramanian Swamy, the SC seems to treat this issue and Hindu sentiments with utter disdain, dragging it on and on.

There seems to be a force firmly entrenched within the legislative, executive and judiciary that works tirelessly to ensure that all Hindu interests are subverted and the minority & corrupt have significant control over day to day life in India. 

The fire cracker ban and the Sabarimala temple entry issue form part of the larger narrative that can ensure that children growing up in India will forget or loose interest in their glorious,ancient, scientific history & traditions and will eventually grow up to become adults with non-Hindu names. 

Uness Hindus wake up NOW and take a serious look at how they have been cheated by various forces who have peddled utterly false narratives to ensure their own relevance and even dominance, they will only have themselves to blame if their grand-daugthers and grand-sons have muslim or christian names.

Here are 2 articles in which the Former Regional Director of Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) Eastern Region, Dr. KK Muhammed discusses the evidences of the temple at the Babri Masjid site.









I firmly believe that Muslims of India should voluntarily hand over the three disputed sites at Ayodhya, Mathura and Kashi to the Hindus. As a token of compromise, the Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) and others should not bargain for the 39,997 other sites.

I am not saying anything new. I have maintained this for the past 40-odd years or so. The Indian Express had even published my opinion in their "Letters to the editor" section on December 15, 1990, when I was serving as deputy superintendent archaeologist (Madras Circle).

I had written: "I can reiterate this (the existence of a Hindu temple before it was displaced by the Babri mosque) with greater authority - for I was the only Muslim who had participated in the Ayodhya excavations in 1976-'77 under Prof BB Lal as a trainee. I have visited the excavation near the Babri site and seen the excavated pillar bases. The JNU historians have highlighted only one part of our findings while suppressing the others... Ayodhya is as holy to the Hindus as Mecca is to the Muslims; Muslims should respect the sentiments of their Hindu brethren and voluntarily hand over the structure for constructing the Ram Temple."

By JNU historians, I meant the Leftist historians such as Irfan Habib, Romila Thapar, DN Jha, Bipin Chandra and RS Sharma who do not want to see a solution to the Ayodhya issue. Till the Allahabad High Court judgment came out on September 30, 2010, these historians maintained that there was no temple beneath the Babri mosque.

I remember speaking to several Muslim groups who were negotiating with the Hindus at the time, and most of them were in favour of an amicable solution. The matter could have ended if the Leftist historians had not brainwashed the Muslim stakeholders and prevented a breakthrough.

A section of the media today has quoted historians like KN Panikkar who have questioned the timing and intention of my book I, an Indian. They have also accused me of serving the interests of the Sangh Parivar ahead of assembly elections in some states, including Kerala from where I hail. I am deeply pained at this. As I have said earlier, I have held this view for four decades.

I am not new to facing criticism and threats for my beliefs. At different points in my career, I have not only faced a backlash from Leftist historians but also the radical Right, such as the VHP and Bajrang Dal, and powerful politicians like Madhya Pradesh chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, for speaking the truth. I have even successfully negotiated with dacoits like Nirbhay Gurjar and the Naxals of Chhattisgarh and Andhra Pradesh for the conservation of monuments.

When I was a superintending archaeologist of the Patna circle between 1997 and 2001, some Hindu fringe elements tried to encroach upon Sher Shah's tomb in Sasaram. After the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) failed to get any support from the local administration, we moved the Patna High Court and obtained a stay on the encroachment.

Syed Shahabuddin, the fiery Muslim leader who was associated with the Babri Masjid demolition case, wrote a letter to the then Union culture minister Ananth Kumar in 2000, praising the ASI's initiative.

Similarly, in Agra, VHP and Bajrang Dal activists started extending a 20th century temple within 500m radius of the Taj Mahal when I was a superintending archaeologist of the Agra Circle between 2001 and 2003. The ASI raised objections over their attempt. The VHP activists attacked my office, broke all furniture. I was fortunate to escape five minutes before the mob came. In spite of the attack, I demolished the illegal structure.

In fact, I can clearly say that Hindu communalism is on the rise in India today because of Islamic fundamentalism.

Hindus and Muslims can still sit together today and reach a solution provided Leftist historians don't interfere. They must show maturity now. Whatever has happened has happened.


(As told to Kumar Shakti Shekhar.)

https://www.dailyo.in/politics/ayodhya-ram-janmabhoomi-babri-masjid-leftists-historians-mathura-kashi-taj-mahal-vhp/story/1/8832.html




New Delhi: In the Malayalam book Njan Enna Bharatiyan (I- an Indian), it was claimed on the basis of the archaeological facts that the Ram Temple was in Ayodhya. Former Regional Director of Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) Eastern Region, Dr. KK Muhammed has penned down this book in the form of an autobiography.
In the book, he has written openly on the controversial issues. Here is the excerpts of  his interview with  Dainik Jagran chief reporter VK Sukhla.


KK Mohammed

Q: You have given title to your book 'I- an Indian'. Any special reason behind it?
A: I am an Indian first and religion comes later. For me, country comes before religion. 

Q: What reactions you are getting after the book launch?
A: I have been receiving reactions from the day one. Those who are not agree to my views are quite annoyed with me.

Q: Nation came to know about you when you took Barack Obama to the grave of Dara Shikoh. A controversy erupted as well. Can you please tell the main reason behind the dispute?
A: I couldn't understand that is it a crime to speak about good people? It's an irony that everyone vociferously speaks about Aurangzeb but nobody chooses to speak about Dara Shikoh. I always believe that we must speak about Dara Shikoh instead of Aurangzeb.

Q: After the launch of your book, there has been a buzz in the town that you are supporting Hindu organisations. What's your views on that?
A: It's not so. When you either speak the truth or get the wrong deeds stopped, controversies are bound to surface. I stopped the authorities form illegal construction during my tenure in Agra in Uttar Pradesh and Sasaram in Bihar. My colleague Shravan Kumar was attacked following this incident. Later, we moved the court which ordered to stop the illegal construction of a temple. 

Q: In you book, you have manifested Leftist historians' negative attitude towards Ram temple issue. On which ground, have you written this?
A: I believe that the Leftist historians have created hurdles over the issue. As long as these people are attached with the Ram temple issue, situation will remain complicate. In fact, those Leftists who ruled out the evidences of Ram temple at Ayodhya include no senior archaeologist except Surajbhan. Most of them are historians who are unaware of the evidences found during the excavation. They have always been presenting the facts under negative light. 

Q: Leftists talk about evidences of Budhdha and Jain in Ayodhya, not Ram temple?
A: Ayodhya may be an sacred place for Buddhists and Jainis but not as much as it is for Hindus. 

Q: Do you think that the Ram temple issue can be resolved?
A: Yes, not only Ram temple but other issues can also get resolved if both the Hindu and Muslim communities sit together keeping the Leftists aside. Only then the country will prosper. 

Q: Have you said about the evidence of a temple beneath Taj Mahal?
A: I had never said that there was a temple beneath Taj Mahal. I say something on the basis of facts and archaeological evidences. 

Q: If you haven't said then what is the truth?
A: I got stopped the illegal construction by Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) near a temple in Agra. Protesters burnt my effigy in Agra and ransacked the office at Mall Road. 

Q: There has been talks regarding the presence of a temple beneath the Qutub Minar. What's your take on that?
A: There is no proof of a temple in Qutub Minar. Yes, the Quwwat-ul-Islam Mosque in the premises of Qutub Minar is built with broken pillars. Quwwat-ul-Islam Mosque has been constructed through demolition of 27 Hindu temples. I am saying this referring to a report submitted by ASI. Anybody can visit and see.

Q: During your deployment in Delhi, you ordered to demolish 'Kunti temple' situated at the Old Qila. What was the reason?
A: See, I oppose whatever is illegal. I had taken action on the illegal construction near Kunti temple. It was I who ordered to ban offering nawaj prayer in Jamali Kamali tomb in Mehrauli. Because a group of people had encroached four tombs in Mehrauli in the name of namaz prayer. They were vacated and sealed. People must understand that I have nothing to do with Hindu Muslim communities. I talk about neither Hindu nor Muslim. I talk only about evidences. 

Q: Did controversy erupt over Sarnath too?
A: There was no controversy on Sarnath. Then VHP chief Ashok Singhal came in support of Buddhists and wanted a separate entrance for Sri Lankan Buddhists in the tomb. This was against the norms. We didn't do that. Ashok Singhal visited Saranath twice. But we refused to accept his demand. Additional Director SB Mathur met me on behalf of the then Union Minister Murli Manohar Joshi over the issue. 

Q: Were you tortured over not complying with minister's order? 
A: Absolutely not, I never opposed anything out of personal animosity. I never did anything against the norms. 

Q: In which languages you are getting your book published?
A: I am trying to get it published in Hindi and English.

http://post.jagran.com/people-should-talk-about-dara-shikoh-instead-of-aurangzeb-dr-kk-muhammed-1455015741

Other reads - https://www.pgurus.com/babri-masjid-dispute-kkmuhammed/

No comments:

Post a Comment